Bacteria. Révai Nagy Lexikona. 1911.
people shit on math and science because they’re not good at it y’all are like “being amazing at math and science doesn’t make you intelligent” nah man it literally does it’s just that if you aren’t amazing at math and science it doesn’t mean you’re unintelligent don’t shit on other people’s talents simply because they aren’t yours
These are awesome characters and I love it. :D
Bill Nye the Science Guy designed an improved version of ballet shoes after noticing the bloody feet of en pointe dancers. Source
Science has been severely misrepresented by authors. If you want to write about scientific worldviews accurately, here are some tips.
- If a scientist saw something supernatural and could be assured it existed, they wouldn’t scream “that’s impossible!” or try to destroy it because it doesn’t fit their worldview. They would be more likely to say “How interesting. I wonder how this will change my theories. I’d better incorporate it into my worldview.”
- Scientists have morals just like the rest of us. In fact, many people become scientists because they want to help humanity. How is that so hard to understand?
- A whole lot of scientists love nature and want to preserve it.
- Scientists who have helped to create deadly weapons almost always regret it. Politicians who order those weapons to be used don’t.
- Science in general would be attracted to magic, not repulsed by it. A new thing to study with possible new applications to help mankind? How wonderful!
- How well a scientist understands people and gets along socially is up to the individual. They’re not an entire profession of evil, cold robots.
Heyyy, followers. I was going to do a Giant Microbe giveaway today, but as it turns out, it’s about $35 to ship those buggers to Canada and I would be terrified to find out what the cost is to ship overseas. Since I know I have quite a few overseas followers and that wouldn’t be fair, I’m gonna have to put it on hold until I have more money. Paying about $70 for a $30 plush toy isn’t cool.
Sorry, friends! Wait a bit longer.
Holy shit, this time last week it was snowing and I was wearing a wool sweater and jacket to class. Now I’m sitting in quad with a tank top on drinking an Iced Cap to cool down and trying to defend my doughnuts against a swarm of wasps. Man, fuck Canada(’s weather).
Way Too Many Asthmatics don’t seem to understand that Asthma is not just “wheezing”, or that all Asthmatics should have regular checkups (yearly or less) with their doctors to make sure that their lung disease is being controlled properly and to have fresh refills of their medications.
[PRO-TIP: The medication in asthma inhalers, such as albuterol, tends to deteriorate over time; asthma inhalers should be replaced every 6-9 months, so that the next time you have an Asthma Attack, you don’t find yourself spraying misty water into your lungs!]
Sadly, the ratio of “Asthmatics who tend to use my urgent care as their PRIMARY care” to “Asthmatics who still smoke” is almost 1:1.